Blog 9

In today’s society, the Internet and mobile communication spread rapidly all over the world. As early as 2013, more than 2.7 billion people were using the Internet. Creating PLN on the Internet has become an indispensable behavior for contemporary people to show themselves.

Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

I think PLN can help me with my career development after finishing my studies. In addition to using traditional job search websites such as indeed, I can also register an account on LinkedIn. On LinkedIn, I can improve my own information, including my past learning experience, internship experience and professional fields I am good at or interested in. In this way, more predecessors or friends in the same field can find me and communicate with me. This can help me get more job opportunities and contacts.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

I think I can open up professional opportunities through PLN. Like Mo Amir, he communicates directly with many people through Twitter and gets more followers willing to communicate with him over time. In this context, create a dialogue to share and then show yourself. I think I can also contact more professional people through my own PLN, so as to get more professional opportunities.

A Global PLN – Supporting One Another – Course YouTube Channel

Social Media and Emerging Economies Technological, Cultural and Economic Implications – Chapter 5- From Information Society to Network Society: The Challenge https://link-springer-com.ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-02490-5

1. aidan

Hi Valerie,

I like what you had to say about how you would grow your PLN and professional development. Interacting with others on twitter is a good way to start building a community and a dialogue. Though aswell I think it is easier said than done to create a successful platform. Do you have any thoughts on other good ways to start creating a successful PLN that could be used to aid professional development. We can certainly contact professional through our network but sometimes I wonder good ways to make our network stand out from others to attract more opportunities in that way aswell.

I enjoyed hearing your thoughts 🙂 thank you!

Aidan.E

2. norman00

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for sharing your blog post 9. It is important to point out that PLN has become a popular way for people to communicate with each other. Furthermore, I agree with your assessment that PLN will assist the user in finding what they’re interested in, as well as help them find a job since we will meet new people if you are active, as these people will assist you at the beginning of a career.